The University of Sydney International Scholarship, funded by the University of Sydney, provides a yearly scholarship to high-quality international postgraduate students who wish to study a master’s by research or Ph.D.
The University of Sydney International Scholarship is a postgraduate research scholarship funded by the University of Sydney and valued at up to $129,000 This scholarship provides a living stipend to support outstanding international research students.
University of Sydney International Scholarship Summary
- Host Institution(s): University of Sydney in Australia
- Level/Fields of study: Master’s by research or PhD Degree offered at the University
- Number of Awards: Not specified.
- Target group: International students
- International postgraduate research student
||Refer to deadlines below N/A
You must have submitted your degree application by these dates
For the 2023 awards, the scholarship is valued at $37,207 per annum. The scholarship assists with tuition fees and living costs.
- Be a commencing or enrolled international student
- Have an outstanding record of academic achievement and research potential
- Have an unconditional offer of admission or be currently enrolled in a master’s by research or PhD at the University of Sydney.
How to Apply for Sydney International Scholarship 2024
The University of Sydney International Scholarship runs on the same assessment timeline as the Research Training Program.
- If you wish to commence in Research Period 1 (1st Jan) or Research Period 2 (1st March):
- you must submit your research degree application in September of the year prior.
- If you wish to start in Research Period 3 (1st July) or Research Period 4 (1st October):
- you must apply in December, of the year prior.
Current students can apply here, applications are open all year round, however, deadlines mentioned here apply.
Commencing students should select the checkbox to be considered for research scholarships when completing the admission application for their postgraduate research degree. A separate application is not required.