The Ontario Trillium Scholarships is an initiative of Western University in Ontario, Canada to attract highly qualified international students to study in Canada on a fully funded programme. The scholarship, with a value of $40,000 per year and renewable for up to 4 years, is targeted at top international students to Ontario for PhD studies.
Usually, to be considered for the Ontario Trillium Scholarship interested students are encouraged to send in their expression of interest to the graduate program chair to participate in the competition as part of their application for admission into Western University. The students are thereafter nominated for the scholarship by the Graduate Chair if they are qualified.
The Ontario Trillium Scholarships Summary
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Western University, Canada
- Host Institution(s): Western University
- Scholarship Worth: $40,000 per year for 4 years
- Number of Awards: Not Specified
- Study Level: Postgraduate (PhD)
- Nationality: International Students
Ontario universities will be responsible for selecting and awarding the OTS to international Ph.D. students based on merit and program criteria.
The interested applicants for the Ontario Trillium Scholarships must have achieved a minimum of 80% in each of the last two most recently completed years of full-time university study, or equivalent to full-time study. The eligibility conditions can further be grouped as follows;
Eligibility for Nomination:
- Must be an international applicant
- Must intend to pursue full-time doctoral studies at Western
- Must not be currently studying at an Ontario institution at the undergraduate or graduate level
- Must have a first-class average, of 80% or higher as calculated at the time of admission to Western
Eligibility to Hold the Award:
- Must remain registered as a full-time Doctoral student in an eligible program at Western for the duration of the award
- Must not concurrently hold a Tri-Council award, an OGS, or a QEIIGSST
- Annual renewal of award is contingent on satisfactory progress and continued first-class standing in the program
- A recipient may continue to hold the OTS should he/she become a permanent resident of Canada during the tenure of the award
Value and Duration of Scholarship
- $40,000 per year renewable for up to 4 years, and will begin concurrently with the start of the recipient’s Ph.D. program.
Ontario Graduate Scholarship Application Procedures
How to Apply: Interested students must apply for a postgraduate study at Western University, Canada, and express his/her interest in Ontario Trillium Scholarship to be considered for the scholarship. Application processes are updated yearly.
Application Deadline: Varies with the Program.
Visit the Official Website for Further Details