BURGER KING Scholars Program awards are awarded each year. The number of awards will be determined by the funds available and the number of applicants. Most scholarships are non-renewable awards of up to $1,000. Awards cannot exceed educational costs.
The BURGER KING Scholars scholarships can be applied to tuition, fees, or books required for course load at accredited, two- or four-year colleges/universities in the United States, Canada, or Puerto Rico (Note: Employees and employees’ spouses or domestic partners may use awards to take enrichment courses at accredited institutions).
A student may transfer from one institution to another within their award year and retain the award provided the institution and their enrollment fulfill eligibility criteria.
Burger King Scholarship 2024 Description
Created in memory of BURGER KING Co-founder James “Jim” W. McLamore, the BURGER KING Scholars program has awarded $35 million in scholarships to more than 33,000 high school students, BK employees, and their families across the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico since 2000. In 2018 alone, the Foundation awarded $3.7 million to more than 3,400 students in North America.
Administered by the Foundation, the BURGER KING Scholars program assists employees, employees’ spouses or domestic partners, employees’ children, and high school seniors in the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada in continuing their education.
- Scholarship Value: $50,000
- Awards Available: 10
- Award Deadline: December 15, 2023
High school seniors are invited to apply for the Burger King Scholars program if they live in the United States, Canada, or Puerto Rico;
- Have a cumulative high school grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent
- Be active in their community through volunteering, sports, clubs, and/or religious organizations; and
- plan to enroll full-time in 2023-24 at an accredited two- or four-year college, university, or vocational-technical school in the U.S., Canada, or Puerto Rico.
Burger King Scholars Scholarship Program Value
Burger King Scholars Program Scholarship grants range from $1,000 to $50,000 and are intended to help students offset the cost of attending college or post-secondary vocational/technical school. Recipients are selected based on their grade point average (GPA), work experience, extracurricular activities, and community service.
- Low Amount Awarded: $1,000
- High Amount Awarded: $5,000
- Total Amount Awarded: $3,000,000
BURGER KING Scholars Program Eligibility Requirements
- Must be an undergraduate student
- Must attend a university, two-year college or a vocational tech school
- Must currently be a high school student
- Must study full-time
How to Apply for BURGER KING Scholarship
What you’ll need:
- Application Form
- Community Service
- Personal Photograph
Visit the official Burger King Scholarship application page at https://burgerking.scholarsapply.org/ to complete the application form online
You may wish to gather the following information that will be needed for the application process:
- A list of your work experiences and involvement in school and community activities
- A current (official or unofficial) transcript of grades
- BURGER KING employee information if your application is to be affiliated with an employee
- If applicable, your family’s financial information. A copy of your parent’s most recent tax form filed with the IRS or Revenue Canada may be helpful to look at when filling out that section of the application
Carefully review your BURGER KING Scholars Program 2021 application before submission. We recommend that you print a hard copy of your application to retain it for your records. Printed copies of the BURGER KING Scholarship online application should not be sent to Scholarship America or the BURGER KING McLamore Foundation.
All application pages with required fields must be completed in the format described in order to submit the application. Standard capitalization (Jill Smith, 101 Main Street, New York, NY) must be used when entering data. Once the application is submitted, no further revisions can be made.
- Scholarship Management Services
- Tel: 507-931-1682
Burger King Scholarship 2024 Deadline
The 2024 Burger King scholarship application portal opens on October 15, 2023 and closes on December 15 2024